teary
i've been announcing my departure on-air since monday, and the flood of listener response has been overwhelming. phone calls, emails... numbering in the hundreds. this is far more emotional than i could have expected.
during my on-air spiel, i sometimes mention that i'm going to be a total mess on friday, my last shift. i expect to have a box of tissues in the studio, and will probably sob into the mic. unprofessional, i know... but after 9 years at this place, it's not easy to leave.
so i'm more than a little anxious about The Last Day On Air. there are other Last Things that are throwing me for a loop, too. today, for instance, was my last appointment with my very cute dermatologist. he listens to the station, feels like a friend, and was saddened to learn i was leaving. i got teary in the exam room as he said a fond farewell!
i'm a mess.
and i haven't yet received the repair request from the buyers' inspection of the house. i'll bet that comes tomorrow, too. emotional overload!
4 Comments:
Oh Xta, big mental hugs are being sent your way. Friday will be hard for sure, but it will be a memory you'll treasure, I think.
You are NOT a mess. You are reacting in perfectly normal and understandable ways to an enormous life change. And you will come through it all A-OK!!
xo!
There is NO shame in tears. You're deeply moved by listener response, why shouldn't you show it? Goodbyes are hard. Why pretend they're not? Bring an extra packet of tissues and sing "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to," I say.
Invest in aloe/lotion tissues. I am easily moved to tears and they will feel much better on your poor eyes :-)
I felt very, very sad when my gyn retired. We form attachments to our good doctors!
(ps - my verification word is "smenita.")
I think it's great how much people are showing you that you mean to them. Some people go their whole lives and never hear that stuff.
My verification word is loliniz.
I will take a Loliniz on the rocks, with a twist.
Or maybe, oh my god I got an infection in my loliniz and now I can't have sex for a month.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home