June 18, 2007

meet my new car



2003 mazda protege5
39,000 miles

cute, isn't it?

my mom has a good friend who goes to car auctions & he found this for me. it's a really good deal, and though it's not exactly the car i was thinking i would end up with, it gets good consumer reviews and seems like it will really serve me well.

the only problem is that it's in new mexico right now, and i won't see it until i arrive in portland... one month from now.

i'm going to be donating my current car to charity before i leave, and will have this mazda meet me in portland in july.

12 Comments:

At June 18, 2007 at 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cute! And I've heard good things about them. Maybe DBT had/has one? It will definitely be a little more cushy than your current ride. Not that I have anything against your current ride, which has served you well.

 
At June 18, 2007 at 4:13 PM , Blogger spacegrrl said...

if i had more time during my trip i'd go visit it for you! you won't know what to do with all of that space.

 
At June 18, 2007 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Does it have a third seat?

 
At June 18, 2007 at 6:40 PM , Blogger christa said...

"third seat", like a third row?
no.
just two rows of seats and a hatchback.

 
At June 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Very cute! I'm a huge fan of the hatchback...I have a VW Golf and I can get so much stuff in my harchback, it's amazing.

 
At June 18, 2007 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Marsosudiro said...

Slick!!! A 2003 with 39k sounds like a good deal in the making: years but not miles add up to "good price".

Pinky -- I think DBT's was the Protege3, but I could be wrong.

I think you really can't go wrong with one of these.

When I was car shopping a few months ago, I quickly zeroed in on the, "pick one of these":

Mazda Protege5
Toyota Matrix
Pontiac Vibe (same as Matrix but rebadged by Pontiac)

I test drove some of each, and picked the Vibe because it was (a) cheaper and (b) had a little more room and (c) offered less temptation for zoom-zoom driving.

 
At June 18, 2007 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hey - that's just like my car! (except mine is blue and is a year older)
Excellent choice!

I just turned over 80k and i've never had a problem.

 
At June 19, 2007 at 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEET! I really like it. I'm a huge fan of hatchbacks. I moved almost all of my earthly possessions back and forth between college and my coop job, and then across the country for my first job. Although I had movers when I came from San Diego to Raleigh, there were still a lot of things I didn't trust with the movers or knew I would need immediately -- important papers, telephone and answering machine -- and again, it all fit in the Honda Civic.

A friend of mine scored a deal with a dealer-driven car. Car salesmen always drive the latest greatest with all the bells and whistles, but then need to move on after 6-12 months. Since that's when most of the depreciation is, you can do really well.

 
At June 19, 2007 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

I have a little HB myself- a Subaru Impreza- and LOVE LOVE LOVE it, much more than I ever thought I would. It's so spacious that sometimes it surprises me when I see it in a parking lot next to other cars and I realize how small it is.

 
At June 19, 2007 at 1:17 PM , Blogger blue said...

we have a mazda 3 and it's an excellent car. kara drives it more than i do ("my" car is a 2000 hyundai elantra, also a fine automobile in my opinion), but i enjoy driving the mazda very much. it corners like a dream. good choice.

 
At June 19, 2007 at 2:37 PM , Blogger DarcyPennell said...

One of my bosses drives this car and he likes it a lot. Good choice!

 
At June 19, 2007 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Gidge Uriza said...

Sweet Ride bebeh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home